Designed with a focus on security
We understand that we store sensitive information, like your donors' personal information, on BetterNow. We take appropriate steps to secure that information. These include:
- Encrypting all information transmitted between your computers and our computers, in the same fashion that e.g. banks use to protect customer account information.
- Following industry standard practices to secure our systems. These include routinely updating the software installed on our systems, physically protecting access to them, restricting access by password and two factor authentication, encrypting data at rest, and other technological countermeasures.
- Employing professionals who are cognizant of security issues, both internally and as external consultants.
- Obligatory use of two factor authentication for everyone who administrates a charity account.
- All employees are trained in security guidelines, potential risks and how to detect suspicious behaviour.
- Continuous re-assessing these measures and evaluating our security procedures.
Contact us for more details
If you have any questions about our security measures or whether they are adequate for your envisioned use of BetterNow, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We have more technical detail available for customers who require it.
BetterNow is grateful for the contributions to software security made by security researchers in our industry. If you believe you have discovered a security vulnerability in BetterNow, please contact us directly at email@example.com. You are welcome to use our PGP key.
BetterNow would like to thank the following individuals for disclosing security issues to us and giving us ample remediation time.